21st century Faith Formation Training
Would you like to help your congregation develop a plan for growing faith and reaching out to your community?
Would you like to see your congregation members practice their faith everyday, both in and out of church?
Would you like to experience a renewed energy in your congregation?
Training Dates and Locations:
Courtyard by Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
July 30-Aug. 1
DoubleTree by Hilton
NJHA Conference Center
Courtyard by Marriott
Ann Arbor, MI
Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
The Vision and Practice of 21st Century Faith Formation is a three-day interactive educational program for pastors, faith formation leaders, and staff in all Christian congregations.
- Understand the new context of faith formation and the diverse religious and spiritual needs of all generations
- Understand the emerging vision of 21st century learning and faith formation
- Envision faith formation in the "Age of Networks" and learn how to create a Lifelong Faith Formation Network for the 21st century
- Discover a variety of 21st century approaches and resources for faith formation in the congregation, at home and online
- Develop an understanding of the vision and principles for connected and networked models of faith formation for the 21st century
- Learn how to design faith formation networks to address the religious and spiritual needs of all ages and generations
- Learn how to use the new digital media and web technologies in faith formation
- Develop the skills for curating religious content and experiences for all ages and generations
What is included in The Vision and Practice of 21st Century Faith Formation Training Program?
- Online resources to prepare for the training program
- A three-day interactive, hands-on training program
- A resource kit of articles, models and design materials to accompany the three-day training program
- Three C.E.U.s for your participation
What is the Schedule?
- Day 1: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Day 2: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Day 3: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
What is the Cost?
Individual Tuition: $295
Team Tuition (from the same church or organization): $295 for the first person; $195 for each additional person
Meals and Refreshments: $60 per person
Who is leading The Vision and Practice of 21st Century Faith Formation Training Program?
John Roberto works on the Vibrant Faith Ministries' team as the project coordinator for the Faith Formation for the 21st Century training program and the Faith Formation Learning Exchange website. He also directs LifelongFaith Associates, is the editor of the Lifelong Faith journal and the coordinator for the Faith Formation 2020 Initiative. John has more than 40 years of experience in Christian faith formation and has authored books and program manuals in youth ministry, family ministry, intergenerational learning and lifelong faith formation. John created the theory and practice of Generations of Faith—an intergenerational, lifelong approach to faith formation; and administered the five-year Lilly Endowment funded project to develop lifelong faith formation in Catholic parishes across the U.S. His latest publications include Faith Formation 2020: Designing the Future of Faith, The Spirit and Culture of Youth Ministry (co-authored), Living Well: Christian Practices for Everyday Life, and Becoming a Church of Lifelong Learners.
|Leif Kehrwald has worked in family ministry and faith formation on the local, regional and national levels for more than thirty years. Currently, he serves as the Vibrant Faith@Home team leader, a service of Vibrant Faith Ministries. Leif has taught courses on family ministry, parish partnership and family spirituality at Dominican University (Chicago), Loyola University (Chicago), University of Dayton (Ohio), and Mount Angel Seminary (Oregon).||Anna Rendell’s passion for faith development, writing and connecting with others is what brought her to the world of social media. She is now bringing Vibrant Faith Ministries into that world as their Social Networking Manager. Anna is the author of Girl with Blog (her personal blog), has created an active community on Facebook and Twitter, and frequently contributes articles to other websites and blogs.|
“The 21st Century Faith Formation program gave us the framework and tools to engage the world in a meaningful and effective way with the Gospel. This was a program that focused on what we can do, rather than the problems! Kudos!”
“The 21st Century Faith Formation program changed my perspective on my role in Christian formation. I gladly claim my new and improved identity as a curator and designer of faith formation networks. Thanks be to God for your wisdom, energy and insights.”
“While I felt I was knowledgeable about the trends and basis of Faith Formation 2020, the training program really gave me the understanding and tools to create lifelong learning networks, which I can use in so many ways. And, all of the tools and resources are amazing!”